Friday 15 June 2012

Ciate Freebie Geebies

It has been said that I love a bargain, and it is also notable that I am a sucker for bulk buying, so with this post I'm reviewing the three Ciate polishes that are pleasantly awaiting this month's Marie Claire readers. I have to say, normally I am not a regular buyer of beauty magazines at all, so these polishes actually came to my attention via a beauty blogger. The review they gave was a little bit of a meandering mess of polish lingo and actually didn't really make very much sense to me, describing the Jelly Bean polish in particular to be a Gel finish, which made me think, there is no way they Marie Claire would be giving away Gel polishes to their readers and also, do Ciate even do a Gel polish? This I am still not sure on but, they also mentioned a blue polish in the give-away, which I am yet to find, however really wanted to. So any way, whenever I find a review that makes me question things like this, I have to find the product in question, and I did, three of them... and their beautiful. Frankly I can hold my head up high and feel no shame in buying three of the same magazine, at £3.70 a pop, for the free gift because I made a massive saving, in comparison to buying three RRP'd Ciate shades. £15.90 off!

For you money you get three very different shades which are all named after sweeties and are all delicious! Purple Sherbet, is a really subtle, pastel, lilac. It's a super girlie creme polish with a super high gloss finish. I must say that each of the polishes, to me, seem to have the most wonderfully glossy look once they've dried and I think this is what the review I read was trying to convey. The Purple Sherbet shade is right on trend for the coming summer months, and makes a really nice contrast to a slightly less feminine wardrobe choice. I've never bought Ciate polishes before, but I have to say, I love the formula, they all seemed to dry within seconds and their pigments are yummy. The polish are on the thinner side, but you don't get any compromise between this and coverage, even though this is a thinner, paler colour I think if you wanted a super lucid, delicate coat you could apply one coat of shade and then a nice glossy top coat, in my pictures however I used two coats.

The second creme finish to choose from in the beautifully dusky, almost mauvey coloured Bon Bon. Again, super high gloss polish with a really lovely formula, and over all very subtle looking varnish. For me it feels like a very grown up, classy tone and because it's so neutral it compliments almost every outfit.

The last of the lovely lot is a vibrant, deep pink shade called Jelly Bean. The finish with this with has a slight pearly shimmer to it, taking it from being a standard deep pink to something a little bit more interesting. Again lovely glossy polish that dries almost straight away. This bright colour is really flattering on sunny days, really uplifting, when I've worn it I always get comments on how pretty it is.

Definitely had my eyes opened to Ciate as a brand with these, and it's a great way to try out a new brand for a fraction of the retail price. Xxx.

6 comments:

  1. how much is the magazine? i loove the bon bon colour its real nice :) x

    ReplyDelete
  2. The bon bon one is gorgeous. I might have to search that one out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah do it, they pretty much have it every where i've seen I think people have been picking up the other two and over looking it but it's so pretty on x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous :D I also found them soo glossy? I didnt even use top coat..

    this is what mine looked like http://yolandaas.blogspot.co.uk/2012/06/super-glossy-ciate-freebie.html

    I agree that it opened my eyes to Ciate, but I still feel its a bit pricey..xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow yours look super glossy I can't believe that's without topcoat! Yeahh they are still a bit pricey, there was a 25% off voucher in the magazine which was pretty good but I still think they'll be once in a blue moon buys for me, there's tonnes of great freebies at the moment, have you seen the Leighton Denny polishes that are free in Harper's bizaar, I bought one but still havent tried it out, they're meant to be around £11 I think though. So hopefully I've picked up another little bargain! Xxx.

    ReplyDelete