Sunday 10 June 2012

When life gives you lemons...

I am still endeavouring to swatch all of my polishes, so it's just a quick post today, but my swatch today is Models Own Lemon Meringue. It's name says it all really, and it's exactly what you would expect, a beautifully light, refreshing, pastel yellow. I must say, it's definitely becoming one of my favourite summer shades, mainly because it's such an uplifting colour which goes with almost every outfit.

As I've said before, when it comes to paler shades you may expect a compromise between tone and coverage, but with Models Own I generally do not have this problem. When it comes to Lemon Meringue I definitely don't, the cover on this polish is amazing. It paints on really well and I very rarely find a problem with a layer balding or looking thin. The pictures here were painting with two coats, for the sake of the photographs, but in day light would have been lovely with one coat and a high quality top coat. It also dries wonderfully, very quick, very little waiting around or messing about.

One of my favourite brands, and easily my favourite yellow right now. Xxx.

No comments:

Post a Comment